2 Kings 2:23 on Youtube
WTF? That is wacky!
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX. Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.
I've put on a few extra pounds lately, i'm gonna get me a bear ... hi SP
hmm... i thought it is all about forgiveness.
but then i guess the bible would have been made into a film by the Hallmark Channel.
God love VDrums. Carry on.
my website: v expressions ltd
I thought the bear outfit bore a striking resemblance to the Penn State Nittany Lion mascot.
Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...
No, I do not see this story being made the subject of a Sunday School song...
Oh the lions ate the children.
Yes the lions ate the children.
Oh the lions ate the children.
When the children acted bad
And they made Elisha mad
When the children shouted "Thou bald head".
Last edited by stickinthemud; 12-19-08 at 08:48 AM.
I’d rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.
So you're saying the Old Testament can be ignored, then? Well, I'm sure that'll be a bit of challenge to the California Prop 8 supporters who like to quote Leviticus.
"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope....Our four...no...Amongst our weapons....Amongst our weaponry are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again."
* "Those who bear bad fruit will be cut down and burned with unquenchable fire". 3:10, 12
* Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn't the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. 5:17
* Jesus sends some devils into a herd of pigs, causing them to run off a cliff and drown in the waters below. 8:32
* Cities that neither "receive" the disciples nor "hear" their words will be destroyed by God. It will be worse for them than for Sodom and Gomorrah. 10:14-15
* Families will be torn apart because of Jesus. "Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death." 10:21
* Jesus says that we should fear God who is willing and "able to destroy both soul and body in hell." 10:28
* Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has "come not to send peace, but a sword." 10:34-36
* Jesus condemns entire cities to dreadful deaths and to the eternal torment of hell because they didn't care for his preaching. 11:20-24
* Jesus will send his angels to gather up "all that offend" and they "shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." 13:41-42, 50
* Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: "He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death." 15:4-7
*Jesus had no problem with the idea of drowning everyone on earth in the flood. It'll be just like that when he returns. 24:37
* God will come when people least expect him and then he'll "cut them asunder." And "there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." 24:50-51
* Jesus tells us what he has planned for those that he dislikes. They will be cast into an "everlasting fire." 25:41
* Jesus says the damned will be tormented forever. 25:46
And that is just Matthew!
In fact, the only books of the New Testament that don't have "Wrath of God" activity are :
2 and 3 John
So, if we are going to continue to have vdrums be an everything-but-religion free zone, can we at least get the script right?
Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance
Member, Atheist Drummers Cabal
Vdrums.com American Express Gift Cheques Reward Program Member
There is a great book of "Illustrated Stories from the Bible You Won't See" at Amazon that covers similar ground and is entertaining. The cover art is of the bears eating the taunting children!
TD20, SPD-S, Alesis 12FW, Cubase, Yamaha 01V96v2, many video cameras, many keyboards, much drum junk.
Funny video, but a little lacking in the special effects department. Must be based on a sanitized, modern, PC version of a Bible or something. But the moral of the story is, be careful of mocking.
BTW, to make more of a vdrums related comment, Jesus also likes rock music (Luke 19:40).
“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matthew 7:13-14 NASB95)
I like those old testament stories that really give it back to those who dished it out!
-Funny how things have changed... anyway.. enough religion... unless its the Church of Rock 'n Roll of course